Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Approaching the one month anniversary of my last post, I decided to fill you in on a few things, dear reader:

-I definitely live in Olympia now!
-We've been hard at work on remodeling the house, getting our chickens, getting ready for the garden, etc.
-I am loving nannying.
-I started taking a class on handstands and tumbling, and it's awesome. Hard. Very hard. But awesome.
-I am learning to cook.
-Things are pretty great.

And here are a bunch of pictures to prove it. (Click "Read more," below, to see them-- they're after the break!)


First priority for the remodel: a bathroom! There was a bathroom before, but it was incredibly terrible. It had to go, and so it went. And so I lived without a toilet for about a month. (Luckily, there's a park down the road with public toilets. Unfortunately, they're only open during the day. Hmm.)

After finishing the electrical and plumbing work, it was time to put up walls:



Then the tiling:





Here's the completed tiling!





The grout is still setting, so no showers at home for me yet. Good thing I have friends with a shower they don't mind sharing.

I also painted our bedroom, because it was horrible. See? Horrible.



So I made it cute. See? Cute.



Right-o. Did I mention that we got chickens? Of course, before we got the chickens, we needed to build a coop. So we did. I'm pretty proud of it. And then we bought some chickens from this hilarious old couple that didn't realize they would be dealing with that many eggs every day when they bought all those cute chicks a few months back.







Nannying is awesome. This kid I take care of is totally adorable. I mean, she is. Just look at her.



And generally things are going well. I'm settling in.




Stay tuned. Maybe next time there will be more words than pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stumbled across your blog ... thank you for sharing your stories-