Wednesday, April 02, 2008

At precisely 6:00 on April 2, 2008, I made a commitment. To be precise, I created a blog.

How big of a commitment this is has yet to be determined.

I decided to keep a journal because I'd like to keep track of what I'm doing. I sometimes forget where I've been or what I've done, which doesn't bode well for where I'm going or what I'll do. Intentionality, dear reader. I am striving for intentionality.

Also, I am soon to embark on a grand adventure and would like to document it. This adventure will simultaneously be an exercise in self-discovery and a vehicle for academic credit, and will ultimately bring me to the very doorstep of my BA. This adventure will, if all goes according to plan, take me to The Gambia, West Africa, then back to the United States, where I will travel to central Virginia, Northern Missouri, and Oregon.

More details to come. For now, I am satisfied with having created this blog and written something in it.

1 comment:

GPaul said...

Here here! Jolly good.