Thursday, April 03, 2008

I was just reflecting on how odd Facebook is. I mean, really, being able to "poke" someone online is so strange. Also, I feel that people's ideas of what "poke" means vary widely, and that engaging in a poke could therefore be a monumental miscommunication.

In other news, I am currently mired in the last, wretched throes of the spring semester. The spring is particularly frustrating; schoolwork starts to eat my life just as the weather starts to be beautiful. I suppose that's nothing new. Spring semesters are probably like that across the northern hemisphere. It's just so hard to write about gain/loss message framing when the cherry blossoms are out and my bike is in good repair.

I have registered for next semester's courses. I am excited about my classes, but I'm also eying my schedule with anxiety. I had hoped to take it easy next year, but I find myself committed to 22 credits. This does not fit my idea of taking it easy. Luckily, only one of my courses next semester has a lab component. I am currently taking three labs, and look forward to the lightened load. After that, I never have to take another lab. Hallelujah!

More things I am excited about:
-Taking voice and guitar classes next semester
-Staying at Acorn this weekend
-Finishing this stupid paper on gain/loss message framing
-My summer
-A newly acquired shirt that makes me think of David Bowie
-How lovely this campus is
-The wildflowers I planted on Tuesday
-The townhouse I am going to inhabit next year

On a very different note, I think I felt myself ovulate earlier tonight. Let me assure you that it's a strange feeling, and an even stranger realization: "Oh, my. My ovaries have just released an egg." Also, the timing of my fertility is vexing, for reasons I don't want to explain. I'm sure you will hear all about my menstrual cycle at some point, so there's no rush to get into it now.

No comments: